HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TEDean

02 WR426 to YZ426 tank and seat

6 posts in this topic

I've researched all the past posts for WR to YZ conversions. So I don't want more tank capacity, cams or timing, I just want a tank seat combo that will be simular in ergonomics to the YZ426. However, I don't want to buy the expensive Yamaha stock parts. My questions are..please...

Will the stock 02 YZ tank and seat fit my 02 WR426? (if I have to buy stock)

Is there an aftermarket tank simular to the YZ I can buy?

Thanks for your help.

Any seat/tank combo made for the YZ426 will fit on the WR426, but you have to get both. IMS and Clarke are pretty popular, and make tanks in a number of different sizes from 2.0 gals up.

The improved ergos of this mod are worth the $$. However, if you get a large tank you will never see the choke again (gotta feel with your hand for it) and a handlebar mounted hot start lever is a must. If you're really going for YZ though (2.0 gals I believe) then neither of these will be a problem.

Fit is not a problem. A new tank should run you about $170 and the seat will go for about $90. Of course you can look around and get cheaper but thats about what you are looking at. You will notice a huge difference after the conversion, turning is much better.