my old 98 wr 400 with body upgrade/new motor, currently for sale

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

Here she is. A little rough around the edges, but not bad for $1k.

wr003.jpg

When I got it.

CrashedWR426006.jpg

CrashedWR426005.jpg

CrashedWR426003.jpg

CrashedWR426002.jpg

CrashedWR426001.jpg

Now.

wr4262002.jpg

wr4262003.jpg

wr4262004.jpg

wr4262001.jpg

100_0347-1.jpg

100_0349-1.jpg

Here's my baby! '06 WR450 ready for her maiden voyage to Baja!!! Maniac:ride:

Nov 23,2011 006.jpg

When I got it.

CrashedWR426006.jpg

CrashedWR426005.jpg

CrashedWR426003.jpg

CrashedWR426002.jpg

CrashedWR426001.jpg

Now.

wr4262002.jpg

wr4262003.jpg

wr4262004.jpg

wr4262001.jpg

I'd love to hear the story on how it got as messed up as it did :lol:

I'd love to hear the story on how it got as messed up as it did :lol:

The PO who is a friend of mine had it when he was living in Arizona. As you could probably tell, it was plated. Well, he's cruising along one day and an older lady pulled out in front of him and you can see the result.

Fortunately the damage to the bike was only superficial. He, however, was hurt bad. He was in a coma for some time and it was up in the air whether he was going to survive.

Well, he did. Being young (25) and in good shape, I'm sure helped considerably.

The ironic part of this deal is, he was up visiting about a month before this happened, and we were talking about Arizona and there not being required to wear a helmet. He loved that fact and pretty much never wore one. I told him you really need to wear one because it doesn't matter how good you are, you should ALWAYS wear one.

If he had, he probably would have walked away from this crash.

The PO who is a friend of mine had it when he was living in Arizona. As you could probably tell, it was plated. Well, he's cruising along one day and an older lady pulled out in front of him and you can see the result.

Fortunately the damage to the bike was only superficial. He, however, was hurt bad. He was in a coma for some time and it was up in the air whether he was going to survive.

The ironic part of this deal is, he was up visiting about a month before this happened, and we were talking about Arizona and there not being required to wear a helmet. He loved that fact and pretty much never wore one. I told him you really need to wear one because it doesn't matter how good you are, you should ALWAYS wear one.

Glad he was OK :) - and top job on the rebuild :lol: love the pipe too.

Wow!

very lucky guy.

When he was 18 my dad had the same thing happen to him, he was in a comma for I don't know how long, but what saved his life was a 10 dollar open faced helmet he bought at the flea market a week before.

Glad he was OK :cheers: - and top job on the rebuild :lol: love the pipe too.

Thanks Bazzaboy, I appreciate it. :)

Wow!

very lucky guy.

When he was 18 my dad had the same thing happen to him, he was in a comma for I don't know how long, but what saved his life was a 10 dollar open faced helmet he bought at the flea market a week before.

Glad to hear your dad made it through that. :banghead::thumbsup:

I just picked up this 05 wr 450.

DSCN0684.jpg

DSCN0685.jpg

It needs a lot of love to be sweet but the motor seems solid.

First to go are the seat cover and hand guards, I have better ones to put on already. Then the usual suspension/chasis bearings, spring it for my weight a scotts steering damper, then some black yzf fenders and a 07 headlight (only cause the stocky is shattered). Cant wait to rip it apart and get started even though I cant ride for a few months due to injury.

before you get the headlight, do a search . I changed mine at the same time I put on a different triple clamp but I do know they use a different way of mounting than headlight you have on your bike now

Black plastic gets scratched up and looks dull so quick.You bike look like it has no time on it at all.Put a YZ silencer on it. If its the only no stock thing you do to the bike

Already looked it up, its a pretty easy bracket fab for the bottom of the

head light and the plug for the bulb is different. Thats probably a ways down

the road considering the $150 for the 07 headlight and the fact that I dont

think the PO ever greased any bearing on it. I also found one of the forks

leaking and the front wheel needs to be trued. The exhaust I will leave alone

for a while because it already has plenty of power

compared to the 2 stroke I have been riding for 8 years. :lol:

Edited by still2smokin
Already looked it up, its a pretty easy bracket fab for the bottom of the

head light and the plug for the bulb is different. Thats probably a ways down

the road considering the $150 for the 07 headlight and the fact that I dont

think the PO ever greased any bearing on it. I also found one of the forks

leaking and the front wheel needs to be trued. The exhaust I will leave alone

for a while because it already has plenty of power

compared to the 2 stroke I have been riding for 8 years. :)

That bike will be right at home at Carnegie.:lol:

The ON / OFF switch that comes with the tusk lighting kit turns all of the lights except for the headlight on and off. It is sometimes useful when using the bike offroad.

It also comes with another switch that I did not use (it is a kill switch looking swith like on mini bikes where you switch the engine off with no need to hold down the button).
I have a2000 wr 400 love it I wouldlike to find a rear fender with light used if Ic

an.

if u are looking for a stock one i have the original one from my 03 wr in great condition

The ON / OFF switch that comes with the tusk lighting kit turns all of the lights except for the headlight on and off. It is sometimes useful when using the bike offroad.

I used that for the headlight hi low and off as that is the headlight switch. The on - off is a kill switch but I wired mine to use the main on off switch and to use the high low off switch for the headlight. I use the off only for starting the bike if the battery is low on charge otherwise I always run with the headlight on to let riders coming at me see me earlier. So there is still one switch that comes with the kit that you do not need on the handlebars.

When I got it.

Now.

Nice job cleaning that bike up. It looks great now.:lol:

Nice job cleaning that bike up. It looks great now.:lol:

Thanks man, I appreciate it. :)

WR_LLORV_20111127.jpg