Yeah, wouldn't it be easier to just buy a new YZ450F and have a custom wide ratio gearset machined and install that rather than take the electric start, headlight and kickstand off a WR?

Yeah, wouldn't it be easier to just buy a new YZ450F and have a custom wide ratio gearset machined and install that rather than take the electric start, headlight and kickstand off a WR?

Maybe. "Custom machined" sounds spendy though. But if you look at what gets raced in GNCC, WORCS etc, it's modified YZFs, not stripped WRs. So if a 'tight woods racer' is truly your goal, a YZF is a better platform for sure.

Or wait til next year, when I bet we'll see a YZ450FX that will already have a 6-speed wide ratio trans, 18" rear wheel etc. AND still have the magic button. :ride:

Edited by GP1K

My bad, didn't realize what series he was racing in.  I don't have any WR pics to share, sorry for cluttering up the thread.

Edited by cracker please

I don't think a 6 speed will be put in. Its a 450 not a 250. Theres a lot of torque not needed. Unless its added for a tall 90+ gear. 

I don't think a 6 speed will be put in. Its a 450 not a 250. Theres a lot of torque not needed. Unless its added for a tall 90+ gear.

Then why do the euro trash bikes have 6 speeds?

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

2012 WR450F-Third bikes the charm.

Then why do the euro trash bikes have 6 speeds?

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

Actually he might be right, if we assume this new bike would compete with a 450 XC-F, those have 5-speeds. The 450 XC-W has a 6-speed.

So if they make a new WR450 in the same vein as the new WR250, I'd hope they'd put a 6-speed in that one, would make the bike more versatile, and be a boon to anyone using it for DS or SM etc.

6 speed would be cool for SM.  Kind of hope it's a 5 speed so I don't have to buy one.

Haven't been on TT in a long time, but what better way to get back into it than with a new 2014 WR!  Only have one ride on it, had it set up  with dual sport kit (including DOT tires), Comp kit, IMS 3 gal tank, GYTR PowerCore 4 exhaust, Cycra hand guards, and Guts Racing tall seat.  Looking forward to many years of epic riding, now in Colorado!

IMG_0506.JPG

Edited by simica

Fcs7ONA.jpg

Bleeding the Left Hand Rear Brake

c3EKxvv.jpg

iC2ye5g.jpg

Crashing in a CORCS race

UMP87Oa.jpg

New Bottom End and Top End

KRN029K.jpg

Fell off the road riding at night

s2E2RCy.jpg

Agate Creek near Sargents, Colorado

NcBWIvO.jpg

Somewhere near Monarch Pass in Colorado

LJ2t33E.jpg

Some Trail North of Sargents Colorado

HECPSHA.jpg

QSRqyMF.jpg

l7nA63Z.jpg

s9VcGc0.jpg

RXgH8VD.jpg

QH7SE2G.jpg

MNn539y.jpg

xqmWgfD.jpg

lnDpFRC.jpg

ZAGLcOl.jpg

WUev48I.jpg

39QJ0La.jpg

Edited by TimothyKRichardson

^^^^ this guy seems alright !

20141105_193036_zpsflltecd4.jpg

Longest wheelie you've done. GO!

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

Edited by revelc

Longest wheelie you've done. GO!

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

Too bad I didn't have a GoPro in my sport bike days... longest one a bit over a mile. :ride:

Too bad I didn't have a GoPro in my sport bike days... longest one a bit over a mile. :ride:

Damn! I'd love to see that on a WR. You'd have to use mile markers though since the speedo is on the front wheel.

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

A few of mine

101.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

I still think this one is pretty cool .

Wow. Your bike looks amazing. Did you paint the plastics or get some in that color?

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

Damn! I'd love to see that on a WR. You'd have to use mile markers though since the speedo is on the front wheel.

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

Yeah it's a little easier to do a mile when you're going like 65 mph on smooth pavement... lol

A WR in SM trim would be easy though. I think I've done nearly a mile on my DRZ when it was in SM mode.

Damn! I think Krannie has one of the best looking last gen WRs, and I think this is the best looking new gen WR I've seen yet. :thumbsup:

Damn! I think Krannie has one of the best looking last gen WRs, and I think this is the best looking new gen WR I've seen yet. :thumbsup:

Check the frame - it looks a 07-11 WR, with a new style headlight. Probably the coolest looking WR I've seen yet... That yellow on black looks sick!

Nicer than my bike for sure...

IMAG0915.jpg

IMAG0918.jpg

wm_IMG_8103-X2.jpg

_MG_7574-X2.jpg

Check the frame - it looks a 07-11 WR, with a new style headlight. Probably the coolest looking WR I've seen yet... That yellow on black looks sick!

Nicer than my bike for sure...

I'm pretty sure it's an Australian WR, that looks like an ADR headlight (pretty much the >2012 headlight unit but in a shroud the same shape as the 07-11 WR).

Still looks very smart though. :thumbsup: