Yeah, I'm an MX guy, so I'd love something that could do both.  I also prefer the mx look, which the WR has in spades. 

I've always ridden trails and desert wtih an MX bike and with an MX suspention set up, so it would probably be a dream to ride it with something with softer suspension, like it is supposed to have.  But, there are always trade offs.

Again, sweet ride

oh yeah, its a night and day difference off the track. my biggest gripe when i took it to the track was the tendency to bottom out on bigger jumps, but i dont do all that much jumping so i can live with that lol. the other thing i did notice too, was the gearing wasnt the best. i felt like i was shifting between 2nd and 3rd way more than i shouldve been and first gear is waaaaay to low to use at all.

Edited by npverhey1

oh yeah, its a night and day difference off the track. my biggest gripe when i took it to the track was the tendency to bottom out on bigger jumps, but i dont do all that much jumping so i can live with that lol. the other thing i did notice too, was the gearing wasnt the best. i felt like i was shifting between 2nd and 3rd way more than i shouldve been and first gear is waaaaay to low to use at all.

Great information, thanks for your input!  If I was smart, I'd stop track riding anyway.  lol

• Like 1

You must be one heck of a great rider if you can feel the difference of the removal of the plates. You probably don't care but it looks like crap. Looks like you are riding it after a bad spill. Those side plate help protect the bike in a get off. And you know why the regulator / rectifier is always mounted to the front of the bike? If not you will find out sooner or later.

Edited by vlxjim

And you know why the regulator / rectifier is always mounted to the front of the bike? If not you will find out sooner or later.

Please check where the regulator is mounted on the 2010+ YZ450F.  Same place.  I'll let you know when mine fails.

Aren't you the guy that told me a 12 tooth countershaft sprocket would break the chain guides ?  Turns out it isn't an issue.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy

I did and it's not even close to what you installed. It may look close that's were the similarities end. First off it's shielded and mounted in front of the cylinder. Second did you take the time to notice where the exhaust is coming out on that bike. Its or the rear right.  If you look around you'll notice that almost all motorcycles, ATVs mount the rectifier regulators upfront it's all based on airflow.  You'll notice that were Yamaha mounted it on the YZ it ends up being in a cool spot on the bike. They removed it from the heat flow of the exhaust and the upwelling thermals from the radiator when the bike is sitting still. Did you see that on the 2014 ZY its not there do to radiated exhaust heat. 

You mounted yours alongside the cylinder not shielded by the motor mount and the exhaust being in the front, the heat flows back onto the regulator. 

Please help me if you can. I don't recall commenting about a 12 tooth counter sprocket breaking the chain guide. Do you have a link? I did a search with no luck. But thats what I should of found I would not of told you that. I may have stated that it would increase swingarm guide wear but that's no big deal. But I don't think I ever talked about a 12 tooth counter sprocket to anyone.

141_0910_13_z+rockstar_energy_USSX+james

2010_YZ450F_With_X2.JPG?m=1311716456

Edited by vlxjim

I'll let you know when it breaks, vlxjim.  It and every other mod that I've done to my bike that the Internet "experts" have said wouldn't work.

Yeah you've got it all figured out, don't you? Hey why don't you call up Yamaha and let them now what a POS bike they designed, but that your sheer genius has resolved all the issues with the bike so they can incorporate all your awesome, well thought out and proven effective mods on the next model?

Yeah you've got it all figured out, don't you? Hey why don't you call up Yamaha and let them now what a POS bike they designed, but that your sheer genius has resolved all the issues with the bike so they can incorporate all your awesome, well thought out and proven effective mods on the next model?

Well I did call Yamaha. They told me the next model will be equipped with anti squid screws.

Just leave him be guys. Some of the shit he does irritates me but at least he can see what works and what doesn't without costing us a dime.

If he wants to be the guinea pig let him go crazy with it.

As long as he doesn't try to convince newbies to strip their bikes and gear it them a tractor before touching the programmer we are cool.

By the way MLCG how did the rear YZ shock work out on your last ride?

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

2012 WR450F-Third bikes the charm.

They've been watching my posts. The new model will be called the yz450fx.

They've been watching my posts. The new model will be called the yz450fx.

BWAHAHAHAAHAHA

That's some funny shit right there. Trust me, if anyone from Yamaha was reading your posts, they would either be laughing hysterically, or simply shaking their heads in disbelief. Or possibly even offended that you seem to think Yamaha got it so wrong with the WR, and your Frankenbike is the fix.

Your bike is NOT a YZF450FX or even close. But keep on deluding yourself that it is, it's what you do.