Woods it came with a blue front fender. I also forgot I put a Rekluse in it too. Trying to mount 17" tires & rims for the street but I keep running into trouble with fitment of the front. It should be a lot of fun on the street with the 17s. My DRZ was great handling with the 17s.

Report back how the Recluse fairs on the street with the sumo setup please.

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

2013 WR450F-Third bikes the charm.

Report back how the Recluse fairs on the street with the sumo setup please.

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

Revelc the Rekluse works good on the street but you can get some slippage if you are lugging the engine in a high gear and low RPM's. If you keep the RPM's high and go through the gears it works good. It works a lot better off road as it would try to break traction before it caused clutch slippage. If I was going to ride it around town as a Supermoto I would probably go back to the stock clutch. On the track it would be good because you are running the higher RPM's.

I joine the blue team about 1.5 months ago.

Uncorked w/ GYTR

TMD skid plate

IMS 3 Gal tank

Best part: street-legal w/ Tusk DS kit

Wai\ting on my new Seat Concepts seat...should be here on Monday.

WP_20140920_006_zpsbf4044e6.jpg

Edited by AtomicXRer

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1414338448.275940.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1414338501.592933.jpg

Picked up another 12 leftover.

Got it inspected and plated.

Waiting for ECU, Cycra Probends, and a few other items to get it the way I want it.

IM BACK BABY!

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

Uncorked w/ GYTR

TMD skid plate

IMS 3 Gal tank

Waiting on my new Seat Concepts seat...should be here on Monday.

How does that bike run uncorked? Mine is still "corked" up. Is there much difference?

How does that bike run uncorked? Mine is still "corked" up. Is there much difference?

I can tell you it feels completely different. Just removing the throttle screw makes a huge difference. Then add ECU and a pipe and you can wheelie 4th with no clutch.

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

2012 WR450F-Third bikes the charm.

OMG did he just ask that? A world of difference. HUGE HUGE HUGE. Stock its 18 HP modded 40+ HP.

Edited by vlxjim

OMG did he just ask that? A world of difference. HUGE HUGE HUGE. Stock its 18 HP modded 40+ HP.

18 hp stock? You sure about that. I have an 06 with full fmf exhaust which came on the bike, but all the free mods haven't been done yet. I'm coming off a yz and yes the wr feels a lot more mellow but I wouldn't say it's only got 18 hp

18 hp stock? You sure about that. I have an 06 with full fmf exhaust which came on the bike, but all the free mods haven't been done yet. I'm coming off a yz and yes the wr feels a lot more mellow but I wouldn't say it's only got 18 hp

Wait til you do the mods. You'll believe it when you see what an animal the bike turns into lol

You put on exhaust but never modded carb? It's got to be running lean as shit!

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

You put on exhaust but never modded carb? It's got to be running lean as shit!

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

Read my post again. The bike came with aftermarket exhaust when I bought it....Its been re jetted but other than that I don't think it's had anything done to it. I have done nothing to it and ride it how I bought it. It runs great, just a little mellow for me which is why I asked about uncorking it.

Read my post again. The bike came with aftermarket exhaust when I bought it....Its been re jetted but other than that I don't think it's had anything done to it. I have done nothing to it and ride it how I bought it. It runs great, just a little mellow for me which is why I asked about uncorking it.

Sorry but your post didn't mention rejetting. I would assume if someone went through all that trouble of rejetting they would have removed the throttle stop.

That would just leave the gray wire right?

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

Don't really know much about uncorking because I'm coming off a yz 450, and before that a kx250. I rode a klx300 as a teenager but knew nothing about the mechanics of a bike, I just rode it.

Sorry but your post didn't mention rejetting. I would assume if someone went through all that trouble of rejetting they would have removed the throttle stop.

That would just leave the gray wire right?

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

The seller said it was done at a shop. He mentioned nothing about throttle stop. I didn't mention jetting because I assumed people would know jetting usually comes with new exhaust.

Don't really know much about uncorking because I'm coming off a yz 450, and before that a kx250. I rode a klx300 as a teenager but knew nothing about the mechanics of a bike, I just rode it.

Usually free mods are removing the snorkel under the seat, removing the gray wire, cutting or installing a shorter throttle stop, rejetting, and removing the peashooter from the exhaust.

If your throttle only feels like it turns a little compared to other bikes it might still have the short stop on it.

If you crave more power after finding all of those things are done talk to midlifecrisisguy he has done a lot of cam research.

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

I can tell you it feels completely different. Just removing the throttle screw makes a huge difference. Then add ECU and a pipe and you can wheelie 4th with no clutch.

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

Yep....but no wheelie in 4th w/o clutch at 7000 ft.

Yep....but no wheelie in 4th w/o clutch at 7000 ft.

That sucks!

I actually was able to do 5th gear wheelies with stock gears, stock ECU, no clutch, and a little pre-load today. We are only at a few hundred feet above sea level though.

It's amazing how elevation can zap power with the thinner air.

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

That sucks!

I actually was able to do 5th gear wheelies with stock gears, stock ECU, no clutch, and a little pre-load today. We are only at a few hundred feet above sea level though.

It's amazing how elevation can zap power with the thinner air.

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

Yep, most of NM is at elevation.  Most that haven't been here  think it a lowland desert...but in North NM terrain is high desert and pine w/ mountains peaks in 12K-13K ft  range.  Where I live, the elevation is 7500 ft.  It will wheelie in third gear.

Uncorked w/ GYTR

TMD skid plate

IMS 3 Gal tank

Waiting on my new Seat Concepts seat...should be here on Monday.

Post a picture when you get the new seat. I'd like to see how it fits on the bike.

Thanks

Yes checked on a dyno.

BUT you were asking about AtomicXRer's Bike which is a 2014. The 2012-2015 are fuel injected with no air injection or smog controls. There all choked up and have a non programable EPA ECU for the green sticker. So on the newer WRs when you uncork them, add the comp ECU and give it a good tune it's a HUGE difference.