HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
silentZ

chain link seized?

5 posts in this topic

I have a non O ring regina chain running ironman 13/50 sprockets. The chain and sprockets are still in spec. The rear has some wear and the front is basically brand new.

I pulled my chain off to clean it, so I soaked it in kerosene for a bit. I dried it and was going through each link and the master link hinge is very stiff. I tried working it back and forth and it is a little better but still really stiff.

I have it soaking in some penetrating oil right now.

Any other tips that might help?

The clip type links on most good Regina chains are a press fit as to the outer plate on the pins. After you assemble the link, push the pins back through the plate so the outer plate is out against the clip. This will give you the most clearance. Also check that the inner plates have not spread outward on the sleeves.