HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stinger1133

Seat measurement

7 posts in this topic

Would someone with a YZ450F please be so kind as to measure there stock seat from front to back for me ? I am wanting to change the seat cover on my bike and found one that fits the 06 and newer 450's. My bike is a YZ426F and not sure the seat cover will fit. Thanks.:thumbsup:

2010 is 26 1/2" straight 26 3/4" if the tape measure follows contour of seat. I think the 2010 seat may be different as I just bought a guts cover and it lists 10/11 seperate.

Also guts lists them for your bike if you are having trouble finding one just dont buy the stapler its $40 dollars overpriced.....just found that out after I bought it

ADDED: seat cover removed is 26 1/2 also

Edited by tech24

Thank you tech24. i really appreciate it. I like the new seat covers for the newer bikes and am trying to see if they will measure up close to the same deminisions before I go and buy one.

I measured my seat at 29 5/8" I guess im going to have to get a cover that fits my bike specific. I dont think I can stretch the 2010/2011 cover 3 inches. Thanks again for your help.

yeah thats a bit much. I don't know what the '06 - '09 seats are but I'm guessing a bit shorter as well. If you haven't check out guts racing if I remember correctly that have the same or similar designs for all the bikes. Some are a little pricey but they are nice covers.

The '06 (covered) measures 27" long, and 13" edge-to-edge up and over the widest/highest part, which is 16" forward of the rear edge.

Thanks Gray. I checked out the guts covers that tech24 has mentioned and I like them also. I am going to order one of those. Thanks tech24 and Gray.