2011 YZ 450 vs KXF 450

Help me decide.

I have both a 2011 Yamaha and Kawi 450 available for me at the same price.

For anyone who has ridden both or even ridden just one of the bikes, can you tell me how they compare or how/why you like the Yamaha or Kawi?

How well does the Yamaha handle? I've read it feels big and heavy but I've also read it handles great and feels light.

Since it has a different design, are parts any more expensive? And is maintenance at all more difficult than a 'traditionally' set up bike?

I know the power is a little abrupt, but I'd plan to change the mapping for trail use.

Any opinions and input about either bike would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I have just got a new 2011, first ride yesterday, it is awesome, I race cross country races, it feels as light as my 250f it replaced, but with a lot more grunt

They are more reliable than the other makes imo, parts are the same price as older models except maybe for plastics,

The yz does feel lighter than the kx and is a much friendlier bike for the trails, especially if you fit a fww or rekluse, and it has better suspension than the kx

ive ridden both 10 models.

the kx was nicer imo. the motor was just sensational.

i only got to ride it on sand tracks so i cant accuratly describe the suspension differences.

but most people prefered the kx. it was plusher if that suits your style.

85-90 kg riders.

Help me decide.

I have both a 2011 Yamaha and Kawi 450 available for me at the same price.

For anyone who has ridden both or even ridden just one of the bikes, can you tell me how they compare or how/why you like the Yamaha or Kawi?

How well does the Yamaha handle? I've read it feels big and heavy but I've also read it handles great and feels light.

Since it has a different design, are parts any more expensive? And is maintenance at all more difficult than a 'traditionally' set up bike?

I know the power is a little abrupt, but I'd plan to change the mapping for trail use.

Any opinions and input about either bike would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

kawi 12 is a completely new bike, the 12 Yamaha is still the same as the 11 with a few mods..just looking at resale the YZ would win hands down, plus its a better bike...

If your planning on making whichever into a trails bike... it doesnt matter as much. Either way your taking a bike built for track and modding it for trail. Either bike will need the same mods to be a comfortable trails bike.

The yz450f is 4 pounds lighter. We have a 2011 yz and kx sitting side by side at my dealership and both are sexy bikes (the CRF450 looks just as mean sitting right next to them).