HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
watkins

WR450F AIS Kit Q's

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Im a proud owner of a brand new left over '09 WR450.. getting ready to open her up and just have a quick question. I'm at sealevel and ride mostly at sea level. I plan on getting the JD jet kit, but I also currently have the GTYR AIS Removal kit that comes with jets... I know the main, needle & pilot in JD's kit are more spot on so my question is should I put in the rest of these jets (leak jet, etc) or leave it all stock and just use the JD kit? I read the FAQ and it doesnt touch on this specific topic.

I am pretty sure I have a combination of both in there. I did the AIS kit then a few months later installed the JD kit and only changed what JD directed. Not a big deal either way.

If you are taking the carb off, do yourself a favor and upgrade the accelerator pump linkage spring (Merge Racing). It is a huge improvement in throttle response.

I didn't use any of the jets from the GYTR AIS block off kit. I used all of the jets from the JDJetting kit that the instructions said to. I did this before every riding the bike and I have not had to go back into the carb since. This was back in June of '07.:thumbsup: