25Hr 09' 450F: Price?

mid to high 3s would be all its worth around here IMO. add on parts dont really make the bike more valuable to the seller. if they were smart they would return it to stock and sell the parts on ebay. if they dont and you can pay what its worth stock (which is what you should do) and you get the parts thats just a bonus.

remember one thing about buying used motorbikes. if you over pay you will never get your money. the only way to sell one day and not get hosed is to buy it right on the front end.

mid to high 3s would be all its worth around here IMO. add on parts dont really make the bike more valuable to the seller. if they were smart they would return it to stock and sell the parts on ebay. if they dont and you can pay what its worth stock (which is what you should do) and you get the parts thats just a bonus.

remember one thing about buying used motorbikes. if you over pay you will never get your money. the only way to sell one day and not get hosed is to buy it right on the front end.

Thanks sir, thats what I was thinking as well.

Yup $3500 would be a good price for something like that around here.

I would maybe pay a little more if it's what you want. A $3500 bike that you want to do suspension and needs new chain and sprokets could be a $4200 bike.

That said $3800 is the most I would probably pay.

At 25 hrs. that bike should not have needed new chain and sprockets, and his original tires should have still been in decent shape unless he is riding on a surface like pavement that tore up the tires. That said, Many racers do replace tires often when they start to show the slightest wear but I would ask him if he still had the original tires and sprockets and chain just to see the condition. My 08 RMZ 450 still has original chain and sprockets that still look new with 30 hrs.. The chain hardly stretched and the sprockets are in great condition. I just replaced the tires and the original Bridgeston's are not bad, just not good anymore in mx to get maximum traction. How do you know he is telling the trueth about 25 hrs.

At 25 hrs. ... his original tires should have still been in decent shape ...
You need to rethink that. As old and slow as I am, I can make most rear tires go away in 8 hours or less. The Dunlop MX51 has been an exception, but even so, 25 hours is stretching it way out. As for the front tire, that was worthless to begin with, and most people throw them away after the first ride or two.

You need to rethink that. As old and slow as I am, I can make most rear tires go away in 8 hours or less. The Dunlop MX51 has been an exception, but even so, 25 hours is stretching it way out. As for the front tire, that was worthless to begin with, and most people throw them away after the first ride or two.

I am a decent rider/racer, slow B in 40 plus vet. I practice on a sand track and mostly race on soft to mid tracks, but I dont tear up my tires that fast. Yes, 25 hrs. is a stretch but I cant see the sprockets and chain going that fast unless he wanted to upgrade those things and go lighter from the start. I am always sceptical when I see someone advertise there bike for sale saying very low hrs. never raced excellent shape and they already replaced all of that, plastics and so on.

Well, I have to give you the plastics. But the OEM chain is a notorious POS, and I've seen it chew through sprockets in half that time.

25 hours is 10 or 12 two hour race days for me, and that's a lot of time. Figure with a ride the day before each one, it's 8 race week ends. I used to destroy a D756 in 2 or 3 easily. One of our friends wasted his OEM chain and sprockets in two months. OTOH, the Regina chains I run last over a year. Just depends.

Well, I have to give you the plastics. But the OEM chain is a notorious POS, and I've seen it chew through sprockets in half that time.

25 hours is 10 or 12 two hour race days for me, and that's a lot of time. Figure with a ride the day before each one, it's 8 race week ends. I used to destroy a D756 in 2 or 3 easily. One of our friends wasted his OEM chain and sprockets in two months. OTOH, the Regina chains I run last over a year. Just depends.

I guess the stock chain and sprockets on my 08 RMZ 450 are better then what comes on the Yamaha, Mine came with sunline steel sunline sprockets and gold o-ring D.I.D chain. Original tires were Bridgstone 404 and 403. Giving Pirelli extra a try now.

In certain types of terrain 25 hours would be way overdue for tire change...In others, it is about average....As for the chain and sprockets, 25 hours should not even be an issue...not on a thumper.....imho....

I also am a proud father of a us marine...

OOORAH !