Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob Thigpen

Pennsylvania
Is It legal to ride on the powerlines?

13 posts in this topic

I can walk to the powerlines near my house and I ride on them all the time but I wanted to know If it was legal? Thanks

lol^^

its probably not legal. in NJ it definately wouldnt be, but then again everythings illegal in jersey

lol at picture and damn, I was kind of hoping it would be legal so i could have hundreds of miles of riding area haha. I knew it was to good to be true:banana: I havent been caught yet :thumbsup:

go ahead and ride not like we were able anyway.I think or see it as if people wouldnt go and ride and be stupid on any 1s property get hurt and sue every 1 except looking at there own dumb behavior we wouldnt be in this predicament.THink about It!?

I guess it depends on if the power lines are in an OHV designated area. Here we have power lines that run over the hills and through the woods of some of our OHV areas.

There are lots of places to ride if your bike is quiet and you don't bother people. Being nice to your neighbors keeps places like that off the radar.

yeah, who cares.. I grew up riding in farmers fields woods and powerlines.. just don't overdo it in one place

1 person likes this

Where I am at in PA ATVs can ride some of the powerlines and other cool state forest trails but its a big no no for a street legal dualsport also a $300.00 fine plus court costs. I stopped and asked a forest ranger one day, he told me of the fines and costs and stated that motorcycles do more harm to the environment than ATVs. I still fail to see how 2 skinny tires can cause more damage than 4 fat tires. The ranger also said that motorcycles can ride farther back in the wilderness to cause more damage which is more BS. The bottom line is don't get caught, they don't "let you off the hook" you will pay a fine and possibly have your bike impounded.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By baker1530
      Hi everyone! Myself and a few others are trying to start a business of an indoor/outdoor motox track and an atv/utv trail in the Pennsylvania Region. We are in the process of everything and we need a survey done to get some idea of peoples interests and to gather data. It does not matter where you are from, every bit of data helps us. Would you mind taking the survey? It takes 3 minutes to do all 20 questions! 
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSflPdsCuxJgAagPFcyjJGhbR6H5yoAB3VtBVeGShcBk93NnFQ/viewform
    • By jochuma3
      Riders,
      I know there are many of us that ride in these areas and there are often threads regarding information/rides for these areas  scattered throughout the forum.  I thought that it might be beneficial and useful for all of us if we can have this thread as the go to for information regarding Reading Anthracite and Anthracite  Outdoor Adventure Area.    I think we can use this thread as a way of streamlining information for;

1. General information/ first hand experience type of questions that riders who are interested in these areas may have for those of us who ride there often.

There is a ton of information about RAC and AOA that your not going to find on a website - RAC doesn't even have a website.

2. Exchange of direction/GPS tracks/ride routes/ and parking locations.  

Again there is very little "formal" maps, route directions etc for the RAC lands- this can be a great way for us to share our ride routes, GPS track etc.  Safe parking places etc.  

3. Post upcoming rides and meet ups-  I know I have talked to many of you who ride these areas alone and would like to meet up with some "riding buddies".  I know from first hand experience that riding deep into RAC land by myself  isn't exactly the smartest thing I can do.  Riders can use this thread as a way to meet up with others, maybe even have a few planned "get togethers" a year where a bunch of us meet up and ride, grab some grub and then a few drinks after the day is over.  

Ok, so that I my idea, I hope some others are interested.  Lets see where this goes.   

• By DMann
      I will be at the ATV and Snowmobile Show in York Pa. at the Fairgrounds October 10, 11, & 12. Stop by the Pennsylvania Off Highway Vehicle booth and signup for our give away. We are doing 2 raffles and giving away 6 day passes for the www.willowhillcampandtrail.com riding area.
    • By mustang16844
      Anyone heading to rocket sunday other then Greg and me? Gonna wait till sunday so the quads won't be there. Looks like a nice weekend. I am not sure how many of those we are gonna get.