Damaged Cylinder - usable?

I chewed a valve and have acquired a 2007 used top end for my 2009YZ450F.

The new-to-me cylinder shows some signs of damage, but I'm not sure how bad it is.

Because of where I'm located, it will probably be easier to get a new cylinder than to get this one sent to be fixed, so it's really a question of whether I can get away with using it as is.

Essentially there's 5 marks (3 quite deep) about 5mm from the top of the cylinder. I'm hoping that because they're so high up it won't be a problem, but they are quite deep. See picture attached.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Al

cylinderPic.jpg

I don't like the looks of that very much. The scuffing/wear to the left of the triangle dings that runs clear to the top doesn't look good either, nor does the smaller ding farther right that's in the ring sweep.

I think I'd fix or replace it.

how much is it to get a cylinder shipped out and repaired? You can get a brand new jug from cheap cycle parts for $425.00

how much is it to get a cylinder shipped out and repaired? You can get a brand new jug from cheap cycle parts for $425.00

Did you look up a 426? The YZ450 cylinder is $315 from TT OEM.

It's hard to tell from the pics but I would say if the rings pass over the damage I wouldn't want to use it.