06 yz450f Hesitates at low rpm

When I wack open the throttle from a very low RPM (idle speed) the bike bucks and hesitates before taking off.

Is this normal? I don't notice it when on the track since I never go this low on the RPMs. Jetting is stock and the bike is stock except a twin flow filter.

I tried moving the pilot jet a half turn out but it didn't help so I put it back.

When I wack open the throttle from a very low RPM (idle speed) the bike bucks and hesitates before taking off.

Is this normal?

Yes and no. If you mean whacking the throttle from idle to more than half instantly, then yes, it is, especially in neutral. If it ever becomes a problem on the track, then that's another thing. Also, if you really have to be careful not to cause a stumble while executing normal maneuvers, that's another problem, and that should be corrected. You could make it so that it would be able to tolerate that kind of quick stab, but then you'll start having it flood and stall in low speed conditions, and it will run dirty.

Learn to "roll" into the throttle by listening to the response of the engine and twist it open as fast as it will take it. Becomes second nature in just a short time.

Thanks for the response.

I think what I am experiencing leans toward the normal side. It's nothing that would accidently happen but I did accidently discover it just playing in a field. When on the track or riding normal everything seems fine. :thumbsup: