HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BMuu

Pivot works linkage bearing kit for 06 yz450f

3 posts in this topic

I just got my linkage bearing kit in the mail today only to realize they will not fit in my 06 yz450f. It clearly says they are for the 06-08 yz450f on the box.

Their kit came with 4 bearing of the correct size and 2 that are a bit larger that don't fit anywhere in my linkage. I should have received 6 bearings of the same size.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am pretty :thumbsup: at the situation since I need to have this bike together and there are no Yamaha dealers in my area forcing me to buy stuff online and wait for shipping.

So now I'm out $75 in bearings that will not fit, I contacted pivot works about the problem but haven't heard back.

Talked to pivot works and there must have been a confusion with the changes through the years of Yamahas linkage sizing.

They are sending me out replacment bearings that will fit.

I'm guessing I am the first one replacing the bearings in an 06, the OEM ones were actually working fine but when I tore them down for a regrease I noticed that the lip was broken on 2 of them so I decided to replace them.