Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrN2OBelvedere

Which Oil To use?

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I was just wondering which engine and fork oil you would recommend for my 98 yz400. I looked all around for this and haven't come up with anything. In the user manual it says to use 10W30 Yamalube without friction modifiers, but I can't find specific information on the oil I have found.

Would this work for the engine oil?

http://rickysrvparts.com/products/11932-yamalube-4-1-quart-10w-30.aspx

yea use the 10-40. im a big fan of amsoil engine oil. can be a bit pricey though at 10+ dollars a quart. ive never lost a 4 stroke motor on it yet. but im nuts and change my oil olmost after every ride

I went ahead and read all those links provided and saw that you said you were now going to use Mobil 1 Racing 4T Motorcycle Oil or V Twin where as you used to use Amsoil MCF under 95f and MCV over those temps.

If I was to use Mobil 1 Racing 4T Motorcycle Oil or V Twin what weights do they come in? I'm in AZ where it's always hot.

Gray, was gonna send you a pm but it wont let me. What's the difference between the Mobil 1 rt4 and the Mobil 1 rt4 advance? Since the op asked about Mobil 1figured I could ask here.

Gray, was gonna send you a pm but it wont let me. What's the difference between the Mobil 1 rt4 and the Mobil 1 rt4 advance? Since the op asked about Mobil 1figured I could ask here.

Don't send a PM to ask questions that can be asked in the forum by anyone who might have an answer, or the discussion of which might be useful to more than just yourself. :thumbsup:

I haven't seen a product labeled as you have it bold, and there isn't a listing of it on the M1 web site.

One just says full synthetic and is in a dark bottle the other says advanced full synthetic and is in the lighter silver bottle