HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
watkins

Wr450F good price

10 posts in this topic

I hate to post stuff like this.. but I am in the market for an 07+ wr450f. I found a dealer with a 2011 OTD @ 7100, and another with an 2009 OTD at the same price.. and firm too... I know these are identical bike so I am curious if 7100OTD is steep. 2011 or 2009. Just have no clue how much room there is in these things.. couple of my buddies bought their CRF450X's new in 09 for like 6700OTD.... I donno.. I hate buying crap, especially new. I'm coming from a 2-stroke. Finally made the decision to retire the CR250R, been riding mostly down the baja coast now and 6000+ miles on the CR250 has taken its toll. I hate to admit it, but 2-strokes and long haul baja trips just dont mix.

I'd buy a 2-stroke any day of the week used knowing I could tear it down and rebuild it for little money at all. But I've never wrenched on a 4-stroke, so I'm too nervous to buy what someone else could have trashed.

I hate to post stuff like this.. but I am in the market for an 07+ wr450f. I found a dealer with a 2011 OTD @ 7100, and another with an 2009 OTD at the same price.. and firm too... I know these are identical bike so I am curious if 7100OTD is steep. 2011 or 2009. Just have no clue how much room there is in these things.. couple of my buddies bought their CRF450X's new in 09 for like 6700OTD.... I donno.. I hate buying crap, especially new. I'm coming from a 2-stroke. Finally made the decision to retire the CR250R, been riding mostly down the baja coast now and 6000+ miles on the CR250 has taken its toll. I hate to admit it, but 2-strokes and long haul baja trips just dont mix.

I'd buy a 2-stroke any day of the week used knowing I could tear it down and rebuild it for little money at all. But I've never wrenched on a 4-stroke, so I'm too nervous to buy what someone else could have trashed.

The least risky dirt bike to buy, in the world, is a WR. Solid as a rock.

Not as many left over WR's as there are CRFX's, by a wide margin.

I'd look for a 2007 or later with low miles and very few add-ons: should be about $3000-3500.00

7100otd seems high to me.

Found an 08 for $4400 OTD. $5800 OTD for 09. Still can't get the wife to let me get one.

Found an 08 for $4400 OTD. $5800 OTD for 09. Still can't get the wife to let me get one.

Awww come on. You can talk her in to it!

When wifey gets out of nursing school and becomes my sugar momma, I'll have several new ponies for sure. (that is after I remodel the kitchen, back yard, 3 bathrooms, living room, etc...)

$7100 seems awfully high. I picked up a brand new '09 last December for $4700 + tax in Vancouver, WA.

Good luck!

$7100 definetly is out of touch on that '09. I just bought a leftover '09, and had the dealer tag it from day one, for $6300 OTD.