Potential 2010 purchase

There is a guy locally that has a 2010 for sale, all stock, with about 100 hours on it. I'm thinking about picking it up, but having reservations since my 06 only has about 55 hours on it. Kind of hard to think about buying a used bike with an unknown history and more hours on it than my 06 I've owned since new, but I sure do want a 2010... decisions decisions!

get on the bike and start riding to the moon if its ok get it

What's the guy want for it? You going to ride woods or MX? More than hours to look at on the bike, how worn it it looks on the hard parts and how it was maintained. If he wasn't logging at what hrs he did oil, filter, etc., then you have to question maintenance. I had an '06, '08, and now '10 YZ450. I like all the bikes, but the '06 had a really bad push in the front on flat corners that I hated. I ride MX, and love the EFI on the 2010. Suspension stock is out of balance.

How much is he asking? A local racer you know, I presume? If so does he finish all the motos or is he always at the pits with tools, shirtless and swearing?

I saw it on Craigslist and asked the guy a few questions, it's been pretty well kept up, so he says. Not that it hasn't but everyone selling a used bike says that. Asking $5k obo.

I saw it on Craigslist and asked the guy a few questions, it's been pretty well kept up, so he says. Not that it hasn't but everyone selling a used bike says that. Asking $5k obo.

LOL definitely pass...that many hours and that price!

I'd probably take a look at it in person, take it for a ride and go from there. Has he put a new top end and timing chain in it?

Hmmm... that last one especially is enticing. Let me see what I can do for coming up with cash, if I can work something out I'll let you know!

Hmmm... that last one especially is enticing. Let me see what I can do for coming up with cash, if I can work something out I'll let you know!

I own a construction company so I travel all around the place between BC and AB so if you ever see anything let me know. I cant guarantee all the time but I will try.