new drz 400 help

I bought my owners manual legally from Suzuki USA.

http://www.genuinesuzukimanuals.com/

Good luck. Its worth it!

$20 gets you an owners manual.. which is good if your looking to set the OEM clock, or check your oil level..(and what the Op asked about ? )

But has nothing to do with a service manual if that is what readers are looking for (most are)

2000-2011 DR-Z400S/SM

Service Manual - $80.00 (433+ pages)

2008 DR-Z400S/SM

Owner's Manual - $20.00 (123+ pages)

2008 DR-Z400S/SM

Owner's Manual - $20.00 (123+ pages)

MC/ATV Identification Guide 1970-1990

Model ID Guide - $67.00 (190+ pages)

MC/ATV Identification Guide 1991-2009

Model ID Guide - $67.00 (265+ pages)

I bought a used bike as well. The owners manual is as good as gold when you have nothing. I'm not ready to break open the cases just yet....lol

IMHO, you want both..? Checking the valves, TQ specs, and many , many other things are in the OEM service manual, but not the Owner’s manual.. But are commonly needed things by a rider.. Well before your ready to "break open the cases '

Have a look at one of the online versions, if you find they have info that interest you, use the close enough version from a like model on line, or buy the specific version from that same location you got the owner’s manual.

just google search and download the pdf version of the manual its over 400 pages and free.

Except the OP asked for a Owner’s manual ?

And the Service manful on line I’ve seen is for a 2000 DRZ S, and a 2002 DRZ E. man6y things are the same, many things are different.. If you know these bikes part for part, you can use both manuals and cover most service needs... on all DRZ,,, but you’re going to be missing CA only items, UK items, specs for later CAMS, some wiring differences, ect.

Have you downloaded this?

I ask, cuz it likely is not a OEM service manual, but a PDF copy of a clymer manual.

Clue 1: SUZUKI DR Z400S DRZ400S DIGITAL WORKSHOP REPAIR MANUAL 2000-2009

That is no OEM manual that covers that year spread.

Clue 2: The preview shows a person’s hand checking the oil level on a non DRZ 400 side case... the OEM manual has no such picture..

The OEM Service manual is available in PDF online through net share suites, for free.

WOuld be intereted to know for sure if this is a OEM Service manual or not.

Thanks

I have downloaded one of them... not sure which and who published it. Probably is a Clymer. It is 232 scanned pages for the 2001 bike. The years are misleading.

Whatever... I picked it up while I was waiting for my paper OEM version.

"net share suites, for free"? Legitimate? I didn't realise that the Suzuki Service Manual is in the public domain or freely available without payment... or is a forum mod encouraging copyright violation? I know that you get kinda peeved when someone swipes your articles. :ride:

Cheers ?

"net share suites, for free"? Legitimate? I didn't realise that the Suzuki Service Manual is in the public domain or freely available without payment... or is a forum mod encouraging copyright violation? I know that you get kinda peeved when someone swipes your articles. :worthy:

Cheers ?

I made a statement, just that. And what i said is correct.

I neither encouraged or not :ride: That is a choice others will have to make for them self's. :worthy: