HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bluezx9r

transmission conversion from YZ to WR ratio

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys

Can someone post is experience and the complete list of part numbers necessary to convert the YZ transmision to the wr ration.

I might be interested in changing the 1,2 and 5 gears.

I love my bike but that the only thing that I need to make it a better enduro bike. (the WR is too restricted out of the crate and I don`t care for the extra fuel or heandlite)

Serge

This is something I've thought about. Is it possible to just change 5th gear?

------------------

Khris

"What's that?"

"It's a Yellow 99' YZ400!!"

I posted this topic on DRN last year before I even had my bike on order. It was shot down quickly, stating reasons of expense and splitting the cases. So what! Most wouldn't consider this if they hadn't already thought of those items. I understand the actual gears are not that expensive,(someone correct me if needed) the high expense comes in shop labor if you screw something up. I don't know anyone who has actually done it. I like you, don't care for the light and throttle stop cutting bit, but would love a wider spaced tranny for scrambles and play riding. I run 13/50 on my 01 and it cuts top speed enough to notice! Would be fun to to the swap.

Serge, where do you ride? I work in Laval and live up north near Shawbridge. I ride a small track in Prévost that I ride to. Always looking out for new places.

Originally posted by Hugh LePage:

Serge, where do you ride? I work in Laval and live up north near Shawbridge. I ride a small track in Prévost that I ride to. Always looking out for new places.

Hi Hugh

Well I work in Montreal but I usually (always) ride in the Quebec city region. I mostly ride trails and I member of the the Quebec Enduro Cross Club.

Serge

There is another topic called it think "gear change"

Yes, I think it's possible to only change 1 gear but I woul;d like to get a confirmation from someone how did it.

Serge