HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aa450

Any one have similar jetting

6 posts in this topic

For an 09 wr 450. Doing all my mods. Installing jets at the moment.

Main jet 168

pilot jet 48

leak jet 45

pilot air 70 stock

Any one running this similar set up. Ride in low elevation 0- 1000ft. High humidity and temps in summer time. Any advice or changes are welcome.

Did the grey wire mod.

Changed out the throttle stop screw.

Air box opened and using twin air filter.

Installed merge spring in accelerator pump.

Wont be able to ride it for a couple of days, waiting on suspension to come back. Thanks

For an 09 wr 450. Doing all my mods. Installing jets at the moment.

Main jet 168

pilot jet 48

leak jet 45

pilot air 70 stock

Any one running this similar set up. Ride in low elevation 0- 1000ft. High humidity and temps in summer time. Any advice or changes are welcome.

Did the grey wire mod.

Changed out the throttle stop screw.

Air box opened and using twin air filter.

Installed merge spring in accelerator pump.

Wont be able to ride it for a couple of days, waiting on suspension to come back. Thanks

Your good to go. What suspension work are you having done?

Krannie, I am just replacing springs in the forks and shock at the moment. But i made a stupid mistake with my shock. I broke the bottom nut and removed the damper thimble or what ever you call it. Anyways the inner rod on the damper came out and i lost oil until i pushed it back in. I took it to the dealer to get get the nitro bled and oil filled and recharged with nitro again.:thumbsup: When all i had to do was remove the lower spring guide and slide the upper guide and spring out.. It was a long night working on the bike, called it quits after that bone head move. I cant wait to ride it and feel the difference on the carb and throttle screw.

I have 2007 WR450 and I am running Main jet:168, Pilot Jet:48, Leak Jet:50, stock pilot air jet, MSR fuel screw 2.5 turns out, Yamaha NFLR needle on 4th clip and Lexx MXE slip-on exhaust with spark arrestor in. I have done all the free mods, removed the snorkle from the air box, YZ throttle stop and I run the stock air filter. I ride in North Carolina in low elevations with usually high humidity/heat. This setup is right on for me so sounds like you should be good too, or very very close.