quick bottom end ?

i feel like i should know this, well theres a 2001 yz426f on craigslist for 500 bucks and he said it had a dropped rod, explain? could i get away with machining the crank and replacing the rod, pistons, and rings, etc? soooo just explain what has to be done in the prosess? thinking about buying as a project and turning a profit for my next bike on it..

A "dropped" rod is not a proper term. A "thrown" rod means there is a hole in the case and a noisy rod is just that- the engine runs but is noisy with bottom end knock. Best case, it'll need a new crank/rod combo and piston; you'll probably find a buch more wrong though, it goes with the territory. Beat up bikes with blown up motors are a dime a dozen, I'd hold out for a better model to scoop up cheap.

If you have to ask about wanting to rebuild, you probably won't make a profit. My cousin buys blown up bikes/quads, rebuilds them, and then makes a profit on sales. But, he does have the tools and mechanical knowledge. A thrown rod = don't buy!

well the guy used the weird term.. i usually use like well, theres a giant ass hole in the case. haha if he goes for 300 i'll get it for a part out, since the shocks were just rebuilt and everything else looks pretty fresh.

well the guy used the weird term.. i usually use like well, theres a giant ass hole in the case. haha if he goes for 300 i'll get it for a part out, since the shocks were just rebuilt and everything else looks pretty fresh.

i was going to say - if u can get it for 300, you could probably ebay the good parts left and make 200-300$ profit, assuming the stuff sells. Could take a month or more. Your time your call. I wouldnt bother

yea i've been looking for different forks and shock for my current beast so i have clickers and a more adjustable rear shock, meh, i'll drop it and laugh at the people wanting 1200 for a 98 rm..