HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XR200CANADA

39MM XR/XL forks , what are they from? 1980's

5 posts in this topic

Please help!!! I have a set of forks from a honda XR or XL, the fork tubes are 39 mm, They have a disk brake also. I put this front end on my XR 200, but I need fork oil seals, but I dont know what to order (year, make, model) so I get the corect parts. PLease help!!! :)

Not an XL250, they never had a disc brake.

XR250 84-85 had 38mm forks w/ disc brake.

XR350 were 41mm I believe. They had a lump like ring in the fork tube near where the brake line was clamped.

XR500 was 43mm IIRC...

Are you sure you arent off by 1mm and they are 38mm forks? There are a whole lot of 84-85 XR250 forks floating around on ebay.

Nope, I measured them up again....39mm, they do have that "lump" in the lower fork slider tube, I think I may have it figured out, I think they are from a 1983-1985 XL600R If anyone can confirm this it would be great!

Nope, I measured them up again....39mm, they do have that "lump" in the lower fork slider tube, I think I may have it figured out, I think they are from a 1983-1985 XL600R If anyone can confirm this it would be great!

The Valving Guide prog @ Race Tech confirms your suspicions; Showa 39mm.