Help WR 450 Cutting out after AIS kit

I just got my 08 WR 450 back from the dealer who installed the AIS kit. It ran great first 30-45 minutes. Then after a few open throttle runs (drag racing my friend on his DRZ 400) it started cutting out and losing power like it was starving for fuel or air. I live in Dallas,Texas so I don't think the jetting is a problem. After continually working the throttle more the loss of power goes away and then randomly happens again throughout the day. I didn't have them remove the gray wire on account of what I read is that it is just a rev limiter. My fear is that I will climbing a hill and it will start cutting out again. Does anyone have a suggestion? ?

Thanks

Barry

the grey wire is a more aggressive ignition mapping from the CDI.

Not sure this is the root of your issue though...

You didn't say if you installed the jet's and needle that come with the AIS kit.

The first thing I would check though is that your fuel tank vent is working properly and it's not causing a vacuum in the tank starving you of fuel during harder running.

I just got my 08 WR 450 back from the dealer who installed the AIS kit. It ran great first 30-45 minutes. Then after a few open throttle runs (drag racing my friend on his DRZ 400) it started cutting out and losing power like it was starving for fuel or air. I live in Dallas,Texas so I don't think the jetting is a problem. After continually working the throttle more the loss of power goes away and then randomly happens again throughout the day. I didn't have them remove the gray wire on account of what I read is that it is just a rev limiter. My fear is that I will climbing a hill and it will start cutting out again. Does anyone have a suggestion? ?

Thanks

Barry

Yes, take it back and make them fix it while you wait.