HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
az426

surge normal

5 posts in this topic

hey everyone, just wondered if anyone notices a surge or a miss like the gas was off for a microsecond while just easy mid throttle cruising?my bike runs fine otherwise,just something i noticed.

If yours is a 2001, mine does the same thing. Cruising along in the midrange and it is as if I hit the kill button and let it go. I have tried several different jetting changes, some of which seem to have helped. The leaner it is the less it does it. Before I could finish all of the changes I wanted to try, I blew out my knee.

If you figure it out, let me know.

Ernie

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>current bikes, 2001 YZ426, 1999 YZ125, 1986 XT600, 1989 Warrior, 1983 XL250, 2001 V-Star 1100

If I'm cruising with very little load on the engine then it will sound as if it's missing a bit, but as soon as I give it enough throttle to put some load on the engine it runs great. It doesn't affect my riding at all so I'm not going to worry about it. :)

I had the same problem with my 99 400 and was told surging in the middle is due to a lean condition. Since it's lean in the middle if you raise the needle (move the clip one possition closer to the pointy end) you should be moving in the right direction. If it was rich it would be blubbery and maybe skipping rather that surging. This change fixed mine.

Jon

jbird, yours sounds more like mine now that I hear it described that way. Blubbery a bit with some missing here and there. Maybe I don't have the same symptoms as az426 does.