HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jw423

Help me find a part cheap please!

11 posts in this topic

I droped my 2009 Wr450 f on some rocks and it punched my timing plug right through, and broke the crankcase cover on the inside. I don't have a lot of money and could sure use a cheaper solution. The best I could find is 147.00 at Service Honda.

Doese anyone know where to search parted bikes. It's gonna be tough that new isn't it.

Thanks.

I droped my 2009 Wr450 f on some rocks and it punched my timing plug right through, and broke the crankcase cover on the inside. I don't have a lot of money and could sure use a cheaper solution. The best I could find is 147.00 at Service Honda.

Doese anyone know where to search parted bikes. It's gonna be tough that new isn't it.

Thanks.

Should be the same part (I am not positive but sorta sure) as from a 2007 & 2008 so that might help.

Should be the same part (I am not positive but sorta sure) as from a 2007 & 2008 so that might help.

I think you are right on that. The old part is only 78.00 too bad that wont work.

I guess I'm just gonna have to shell out the bucks. I'm going to be picking up some extra hours at work... = less riding. Ohh well less riding is better than no riding.

That would have been perfect except it's a YZ and they don't have the e-starter. The starter comes in at the top and the transfer gears are in the cover too.

Thanks though.

I wish I couldn't afford a $147 part for my 09 !

:busted:

Here is the real weird thing.. That 147 dollar part represents 2.5% of the total out the door cost of the bike. I wouldn't figure that the cover constitutes 2.5% of the parts. :lol:

But on the other hand I hear ya! I'm :thumbsup:

The good news is the weather has been terrible here this week, so no lost ride time! :smashpc:

I bit the bullet and ordered from Service Honda today. Maybe I'll be back at it next week! :smashpc: With better weather I hope. Maybe with all the rain the dunes will be perfect!