HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knowledge seeker

'07 YZ450 newbie question

10 posts in this topic

I've searched in the "common threads" but couldn't find an answer. I've read several times in these forums how spring calculators vary so I need to find out as realistic as possible what spring rates to use on a '07 YZ450 for a 210 lbs rider. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Roger

No 'cause I'm doing this for a buddy of mine who doesn't speak english & he asked me if I could find anything about it.

The owner's manual does not list them as to the rider's weight.

I meant the graphic for the springs on the "settings" on the final pages of the manual. so it is not as acurate as this calculator, but based on an average rider comes prety close.

another nice tool this calculator.

I meant the graphic for the springs on the "settings" on the final pages of the manual. so it is not as acurate as this calculator, but based on an average rider comes prety close.
The only charts in the chassis tuning section (section 7) of the manual list springs only from soft to stiff, with a note as to what the standard rates are. I see no rider weights mentioned.

sorry.......... that chart only came up to the 2006 manual.....which was the one I've owned up to the time I've downloaded the 2007 and 2008 to make sure.