HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maxtherat

grey wire wr426

11 posts in this topic

I have recently purchased a 01 wr 426 and I would like to know which grey to cut. I have also read that it makes the bike "more like a yz". What aspect of a yz does that mean? Also does the jetting have to be changed as a result? I will also be changing the throttle stop and cam timing. Any hints or adverse affects?

can someone post pictures of the wire for me? For some reason i can't download clear pictures from thumperfaq. If not maybe a good description of the particular wires. Just want to make sure I have the right one. Thanks 01 wr426

Pull the tank, follow the wires from the cdi box to the 1st connector...pull the gray wire from that connector and you're set.

Got into a little discussion this weekend regarding the grey (gray) wire mod. Does this completetely remove the rev limiter?

Thanks

No, the rev limiter on the wr still kicks in at 10.5k w/ the wr black box.

This is with the grey wire disconnected.

Checked it on the dyno.