HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
todds924

Renthal TwinWalls on 2010 YZ

11 posts in this topic

Anybody with a 2010 using Twinwalls on there bike...and if so what bend do you prefer?? Just curious what bend you prefer with that bar.

Yes, I have Renthal Twinwalls on my 2011 YZ450F.

I have the Carmichael mx 997 bend. It´s a pretty neutral bend. Not to high, not to low. If I remember right, this is the bend that comes stock on the OEM CRF450.

I like it alot ! :smashpc:

DSC_0719.jpg

1 person likes this

I ran Twin Walls on all my bikes, Had them on my 2010 and 11 yz450f's I ran Villipoto/ stewart. Love them

I personally get less arm pump with twin walls compared to the more flex with the bars without a cross bar...

I am gonna try a set. I have been using the Henry/Reed ProTapers for years but want to try something different.

Yes, I have Renthal Twinwalls on my 2011 YZ450F.

I have the Carmichael mx 997 bend. It´s a pretty neutral bend. Not to high, not to low. If I remember right, this is the bend that comes stock on the OEM CRF450.

I like it alot ! :smashpc:

DSC_0719.jpg

Thats a sharp lookin YZ. Sweet! I like the triple clamps. Stock offset?

My fav bar on any bike is the twinwall Windham bend but Im a tall guy so that may be no good for your application.

Its funny that you say that Jase... I havnt experienced near the amount of arm pump as I had before when I was running the Pro Taper with the same bend without the cross bar. Maybe stiffer is better

Thats a sharp lookin YZ. Sweet! I like the triple clamps. Stock offset?

Thanks !

I use the stock 22 offset now. But clamp can be adjusted to 20 offset if I want to.

Ive always run 997 twinwalls on every bike ive owned. When i got my 2010 yzf 450, i rode with the stock bars, then put my 997 twinwalls on and hated the bike, didnt feel stable and i couldnt get it to turn. Last weekend i put the stock pro tapers back on and its like a completely different bike, turns like its on rails and rides amazing.

not to hijack this tread but HRC how do you like the acerbis seat is it very firm or does it grip ect ... is it a good choice ?

I like it alot. It's harder than stock but I think that is good. Easier to get more forward in corners and that benefits the Yz450 in my opinion. Sure it was little strange the first rides but now I'm used to it and would not change it.

It also has good grip and is slightly higher than stock.

But those who have tested my bike are a little sceptic, but so were I in the beginning.