Flywheel weight for WR450

Does anyone know if a flywheel weight is available for a WR 450 (06 model) and if so, where to get one ?

Thanks,

enduro man

Why on earth would you want one? Motor's got lots of usable torque as is.

My first Yamaha...bike is great but does not have bottom end grunt for tight trails. Would like to have grunt like my old XR400.

Don't care for two stroke bikes, they cant get up the hills we have here in Texas plus can't stomach the "ring- ding sound".

My first Yamaha...bike is great but does not have bottom end grunt for tight trails. Would like to have grunt like my old XR400.

If it has stock jetting, stock airbox, and stock pipe, it will always be crappy.

You MUST re-jet to get torque below 4k rpm.

A better option might be a steel clutch basket - you get the added weight and the durability of the steel basket

www.stealtyoffroad.com

The yamaha has plenty of grunt. Is your jetting correct?

What size sprockets do you have.

I run a 12 - 50 works well.

Does anyone know if a flywheel weight is available for a WR 450 (06 model) and if so, where to get one ?

Thanks,

enduro man

when i had my 06, i looked all over for one.. all that were listed were not that much more than stock.. check gearing.. iirc, the 06 was higher geared. i think mine had a 14 t front sprocket and was a one year deal. a 13 and as everyone else says.. re jet..and it was a lot better..

jay... 2 stroke guy in tx...

Look at a 12 front and a 50 to 52 rear . Remove ais.

Rejet . remove zorst baffle if stock.

Fit adjustable leakjet to avoid a bog from idle.

If you need more than this you need to work on your riding techniqe.