another red hot header

but a little different this time. now i understand that a red hot header is the result of a lean condition. and i also know that it can happen when these bikes sit and idle.

now, that said, the last couple times i have ridden my trusty steed, the header has started glowing red while moving. first gear, 10-15 miles an hour, 1/4ish throttle it starts REALLY glowing. now if I increase speed and shift up a gear and get some rpm's up, it cools down significantly.

so the question...why is this doing this all of a sudden? still has stock jetting. and has had a bit of an idle problem this year but all is good once the bike is nice and warmed up as far as the idle. just the last couple rides it has been doing this. :thumbsup:

:smashpc:

but a little different this time. now i understand that a red hot header is the result of a lean condition. and i also know that it can happen when these bikes sit and idle.

now, that said, the last couple times i have ridden my trusty steed, the header has started glowing red while moving. first gear, 10-15 miles an hour, 1/4ish throttle it starts REALLY glowing. now if I increase speed and shift up a gear and get some rpm's up, it cools down significantly.

so the question...why is this doing this all of a sudden? still has stock jetting. and has had a bit of an idle problem this year but all is good once the bike is nice and warmed up as far as the idle. just the last couple rides it has been doing this. :thumbsup:

:smashpc:

You say you understand why it's happening, yet you still do not REJET!

:busted:

Sooo, what's the confusion here again?

What it used to do is irrelevant if the jetting is already wrong......and probably partially clogged..........

Within all your questions, all your answers lay.

And FYI, 10-15, 1/4 throttle is really not much different than idling. Carb wise, that is.

Mike

After I removed the AIS and fitted a 50 pilot jet all glowing issues resolved 4500 ft msl

158 main , NFLR yz 450 f needle 3 clip top . Baffle removed . Snorkel and lid intact .

No bog pulls cleanly from idle to top.