HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elli rmr

YZ exhaust in WR 07

12 posts in this topic

08' YZF complete exhaust with PMB Spark Arrestor End Cap on 07' WR450F. Make sure to use new exhaust gaskets.

The WR pipe is a different diameter then the YZF pipe. You are replacing the complete exhaust or are you asking if the YZF header can be used with the stock tail pipe?

downsize-1.jpg

08' YZF complete exhaust with PMB Spark Arrestor End Cap on 07' WR450F. Make sure to use new exhaust gaskets.

The WR pipe is a different diameter then the YZF pipe. You are replacing the complete exhaust or are you asking if the YZF header can be used with the stock tail pipe?

downsize-1.jpg

Are you going to plate that baby come Jan 1st? You lucky bastids now have the choice, right?

I also have an 07 WR450 and replaced exhaust with 08 YZ450 complete stock exhaust with the shorty silencer. The YZ head pipe is much bigger in diameter, but it is also titanium and slightly more fragile. Keep the WR one as a back up. I did a JD jet kit, Twin Air filter and cut 15+ lbs along with my YZ exhaust swap and am VERY pleased with the performance...

Rich

I have had an OEM '08 YZ450F "Powerbomb" header fitted to my '08 WR450F now for 2 years. (ie. I kept the OEM WR450F muffler fitted to the bike.)

I've also tried the non-Powerbomb '09 YZ header, which also fits easily to the bike.

I recommend you open the muffler up to get maximum performance.

Details are here:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349760&highlight=Modified+Muffler+saves+big+%24%24%24%24

Greg

thanx Greg but i need to have the stok pipe to put it on 1 every year to get the vehicle inspections on my bike..

I have another question fore you people i am thinking of getting a bigger fuel tank on my WRF so the question is do i get Clark, IMF or some other brand ??

I've had the Clark 3.6gl for 3 years now on my 07 and love it. Running it at mild rpm's it will go over 100 miles. You have to get an 06 petcock for a short straight fuel line.