Tight turns in sandwashes

I'm having trouble going fast through tight turns in deep sand washes. Whats your trick?

Jacob

00 yz426

Get as far forward as you can, knees as far forward and down, like your trying to push off the pegs, turn side foot out straight, up by the front wheel, look at the pros on TV going into bermed turns. My WR wants to wash out too with the stock front tires, seat tank combo, I stay forward and use the power to push through, If I slow down, its washout city! :)

Also slow down before the turn and gas it through the turn. If your not on the throttle in sand you can not turn.

------------------

Pretend it's flat and give it the gas.

I agree with YZCourt.

Get your slowing down done before the corner then you can get on the tank, get hard on the gas and ride the rear through the turn like a ski. If wont hook up if you dont load it up.

Also, dont get spooked by the bike wandering around, just stay balanced, stay on the throttle and ride it out. If you back off, you will almost always fall (or at least have to catch yourself)

Dave S

thanks alot guys. it just rained out here so I'm gonna go out and try it.

Great advice from all. Definitely concur with being on the gas. The bike really gets traction and avoids washouts better when you're on the throttle. One other thing though. It may have been mentioned but I didn't notice. Avoid letting your inside foot hit the ground if at all possible. You should only use it to balance and weight the front tire for traction. It can very easily get caught and sucked into or under the back end or twist your knee. You don't want any of these things to happen!

------------------

00 YZ426F

01 TT-R125L (my son's)

91 CR125

83 YZ490

74 Hodaka Super Combat(gone but not forgotten!)

Hey guys thanks alot for the great advise. I went out this morning to practice my new technique and it feels great. practice, practice, practice.. ride safe brothers.