Stricken 2010 450- help please

Hi guys, really need some help here please.

I was racing today at the vets mxdn at farleigh castle. Brilliant event, jeff Stanton headed up team USA, massive crowds etc. Anyway, I was doing the vets modern class, bike ran ok sat, then race 1 Sunday it started cutting out when accelerating hard up the hills. Felt kind of like a choked up oily 2 stroke. Limped back to the pits and tried everything I could think of, kill switch, breather pipes for blockage, all electrical contacts, tank breather, new plug etc. No improvement. Starts ok but as soon as you try and ride it hard it spluttera and dies in mid range. Soon as revs drop it carries on. Electrical, fuel? What could it be? It's done 58 hours.. Thanks

Ok, I think I may have solved the problem-

Took out the fuel pump, looked ok- no real dirt around the mesh filter.

Took out the throttle body and removed the injector.- Inside it was full off dirt... I'm guessing thats airborn dirt that gets in when refuelling and in through the tank breather, too fine to get caught in the mesh filter?

Anyway I've cleaned it all out and put it back. Seems to run ok but won't know till I give it a run to make sure its cured. Having an injector full of dirt can't be doing it much good though can it?

Anyone who rides in dust should check this occasionally as there's bound to be some in there!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, bike ran perfectly until the final moto of the day when it started cutting out again. I checked the injector again when I got home and it was pretty clean this time. My concern is there's very fine dirt inside the injector. As far as I can tell its a sealed unit, so apart from just biting the bullet and buying a new injector, is there anything else I can do? Cleaning tips or anything?

assume you checked for any dtcs with the tuner? Make sure coolant temp and throttle position are reading correctly. I'd be curious to see what the fuel pressure is under load while problem is happening but that would require proper adapters for fuel pressure guage to see.

assume you checked for any dtcs with the tuner? Make sure coolant temp and throttle position are reading correctly. I'd be curious to see what the fuel pressure is under load while problem is happening but that would require proper adapters for fuel pressure guage to see.

Yep, checked with my tuner. No errors, though I believe the dealers have a different one which may show up something?