HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcjr_450

throttle cable question

3 posts in this topic

How important is it to run both cables? My throttle cable is fine but i believe its the return line.. that one is broke. I ran it a couple times without it and it ran fine but just wondering how important it acually is and what exacally it dose? Any info would be appriciated

How important is it to run both cables? My throttle cable is fine but i believe its the return line.. that one is broke. I ran it a couple times without it and it ran fine but just wondering how important it acually is and what exacally it dose? Any info would be appriciated

The pull cable is for the throttle action.

The push cable is there to prevent a wide-open-throttle situation.

A four-stroke creates a strong vacuum in the venturi compared to a two-stroke, so the possibility of the slide not being able to drop under spring and gravity pressure, is a real concern.

oh wow that is very good to know!! i definatly do not want to get caught in that kind of situation... Thanks that was the info i was lookin for