HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
d36yzrider

06 yz450 wont shift down from 4th

10 posts in this topic

the other day at the track going into a corner my bike would not shift down from 4th gear it will shift up to 5th but wont go down im not sure what it could be I have heard shift pawl so im checking that tomorrow if anyone has any idea what else it could be let me know thanks.

yes the shaft is in good shape and It has a new shifter also. it shifts down but wont go all the way down from 4th to 3rd

It could be as simple as something stuck underneath the shifting pawl inside the right engine cover. Just pull off the complete right cover, (not just the small clutch cover) and take alook. Hope it's something simple! Maniac

my advice,

avoid running the bike until you figure this out, it's hell when the gearboxes on these fail. i'd get the clutch cover off and have a look around, keep fiddling but you may have to go deeper

my advice,

avoid running the bike until you figure this out, it's hell when the gearboxes on these fail. i'd get the clutch cover off and have a look around, keep fiddling but you may have to go deeper

There's nothing to see on that side.....................

sorry krannie,

i realize there is nothing on that side, just got confused when typing. what i meant to suggest is to get in behind the cover on the flywheel/generator side, and look at the mechanism on the other end of the gear selector shaft. you're absolutely right Krannie, I just used the wrong words.

good luck with it.