CaveMike need find way increase oil capacity on 07 wr450

CaveMike setting up wr450 for street legal, rally, baja. Him want find ways get wr hold more oil. Rekluse cover add 100cc more oil capacity. CaveMike see no toil oil cooler setup for 09 yz450f. Him know that will fit, but him want more ideas. No toil setup expensive too. Who make homemade oil cooler setup? No toil setup use new oil filter cover, and redirect oil out to cooler mounted on back of radiator. Has to be easy way to make own setup.

don't put extra capacity to high, it will drain down into bottom end and be a problem when you restart engine. good luck.

CaveMike not understand, what make Yammahammer a hammer......simplicity. For same reason Yamaha not see fit to follow herd and create two oil chambers for engine, CaveMike not need extra plumbing, connections, and fittings to fail while riding through saber tooth tiger land.

i'm sorry i have nothing to say, but this is possibly the greatest post, EVER. makes crashing hard today a bit better +1 to all of you! :smashpc:

CaveMike still want more oil. Main reason engineers no add more capacity because only need make oil last 20 hours real riding. CaveMike know from Drz400 that more oil make oil last longer before evil oil gods cause oil breakdown. Really no way for add more?

So easy to change oil - why not carry a quart of oil and filter and change along the way?

The relkuse cover seems to be the easiest and cheapest way to add capacity, unless you had an earlier model that holds oil in the frame. Maybe use the rekuse cover AND the extra thick gasket they offer for some models.

I have access to oil test kits at work. I would want to test with and without a Rekluse cover, for example. Then you could tell if it adding a small amount of capacity was worthwhile. Sounds like a lot of time and work to get accurate data.

Or you could ride a dinosaur (XR or DRZ), and not worry about it.

CaveMike still want more oil. Main reason engineers no add more capacity because only need make oil last 20 hours real riding. CaveMike know from Drz400 that more oil make oil last longer before evil oil gods cause oil breakdown. Really no way for add more?

Problem, what CaveMike want and what CaveMike need, not same thing. Perhaps CaveMike need go to rock closet and fetch oak thumper and put to good use. Surely CaveMike think of very good use for oak thumper and no longer worry so much of fix unbroken Yammathumper. Soon CaveMike forget all about silly dirt sled altogether.

400_F_30939534_QlI2AuY38Lqu7BOld9Lh5XCbt9wt4ShL.jpg

CaveMike living in midst of recession. Due to corporate restructuring, him no longer have rock closet. Oak thumper no more either, him have pine and press board one from IKEA. CaveMike very close for snapping. Club everyone.

Edited by CaveMike

You could increase the length and or size of the oil lines. I would think a -6 line a couple feet long (or more?) would hold quite a bit of extra oil and be tough enough for the job.

I have a SFB Racing clutch cover on mine that added 300cc more oil.

CaveMike not use Google.

CaveMike need glasses.

http://www.jagg.com/offroad.html

What we really need to know is if he has pre 07 or 07+ WR.

CaveMike have 07.

CaveMike have 07.

Thats what I though...Pre 07 WRs were rather easy to add an oil cooler to (see this thread)

The 07+ has proved to be more difficult because there is no external oil tank/line...its all internal and would require tapping in somewhere somehow.

The 07+ ... its all internal and would require tapping in somewhere somehow.

And this is where you risk angering the lubrication gods. They may strike down Cave Mike's Yamathumper for trying.

CaveMike not be afraid of lubrication gods. Him only fearful of gods of love who once pair him with angry mean hairy cavewife. Her try ruin him life. Then one day CaveMike fall in ice crevice, get frozen for thousands years. When him wake up, she have been dead many years. CaveMike feel huge relief. Feel like him win lottery. CaveMike waiting for gods of love for try screw him again. Him ready this time.

Problem, what CaveMike want and what CaveMike need, not same thing. Perhaps CaveMike need go to rock closet and fetch oak thumper and put to good use. Surely CaveMike think of very good use for oak thumper and no longer worry so much of fix unbroken Yammathumper. Soon CaveMike forget all about silly dirt sled altogether.

400_F_30939534_QlI2AuY38Lqu7BOld9Lh5XCbt9wt4ShL.jpg

Dirt sled! That cracked me up. Might have to add that to my sig lol