tt ais removal kit

is the tt ais removal kit still available ? need one for 2008 wr450 . can't seem to find it in tt parts stor.

ANYONE?? i have the same question!!

Do we just need to buy the Yamaha one?:smashpc:

Make your own its easy! Even I did it. Cost Me like $6. Should be able to find a tutorial through search.

Good luck!

Make your own its easy! Even I did it. Cost Me like $6. Should be able to find a tutorial through search.

Good luck!

Same here and while I can do basic maintenance items myself when it comes to fabrication I'm mechanically inept. After I started mine I kicked myself for even considering wasting the $50 on a "kit" when there are so many other areas that $ could go to better use.

My cost was $0. After removing the pump and tubing, I plugged the airbox tube with the cap from an old Sharpie pen with the pocket clip cut off. Put a little RTV around the barrel and tap it into place. On the exhaust port of the head, I left the right angle connector in place and inserted a spent, cleaned .357magnum casing fits perfectly into the metal tubing, again driven the last few millimeters with a hammer and punch. On the intake side of the head, the right angle fitting is just press fit into the hole. Take a pair of pliers and rotate it back/forth while pulling it out. I filled this connector with JB Weld, let it dry overnight and re-inserted it.

Edited by RockyMtnScotsman
Same here and while I can do basic maintenance items myself when it comes to fabrication I'm mechanically inept. After I started mine I kicked myself for even considering wasting the $50 on a "kit" when there are so many other areas that $ could go to better use.

My cost was $0. After removing the pump and tubing, I plugged the airbox tube with the cap from an old Sharpie pen with the pocket clip cut off. Put a little RTV around the barrel and tap it into place. On the exhaust port of the head, I left the right angle connector in place and inserted a spent, cleaned .357magnum casing fits perfectly into the metal tubing, again driven the last few millimeters with a hammer and punch. On the intake side of the head, the right angle fitting is just press fit into the hole. Take a pair of pliers and rotate it back/forth while pulling it out. I filled this connector with JB Weld, let it dry overnight and re-inserted it.

Right on. Thanks for the ideas... I am sure I will rig something up after I get the bike and actually see what I'm dealing with.:smashpc: