engine problem

It used to only shutter a little bit with choke off and would run fine with the choke on. But yesterday I rode it (after putting 105 miles on it the day before) and now with the choke one it still rides good but idled very high at stop lights...

I'll try the afore mentioned fix...

I only get a low RPM steady throttle stutter when I am rich on the fuel srew/ pilot.

Mine is the opposite. Now that I have it DS'd if I notice a stutter on road (It NEVER stutters offroad), I turn out the fuel screw 1/4 turn or less, and usually almost eliminates it.

Either way, as previously mentioned, on my bike the most minuscule of throttle input eliminates it.

Mine is the opposite. Now that I have it DS'd if I notice a stutter on road (It NEVER stutters offroad), I turn out the fuel screw 1/4 turn or less, and usually almost eliminates it.

Either way, as previously mentioned, on my bike the most minuscule of throttle input eliminates it.

Me too.

My fix was to adjust the TPS with a lab scope (or graphing multimeter) to the high end of the closed throttle voltage range (with engine running and back probing the TPS wires, TPS connected)which is in the manual (.72-.73 volts) you should set your idle perfect before you adjust the TPS.

Then I raised my needle one slot.

Now it is barely detectable at 1/4 steady throttle on the pavement.

I think it might also be the pilot since it has sat for a while before I bought it... I put some fuel tank cleaner in there and road it for about 105 miles which is when it started running worse..

But I think I might pay the local shop $160 to take the Carb off clean it and install a new adjustable fuel screw while its off....

This stuff sounds to complicated and foreign to me.