Clarke or IMS

Just installed a Clarke natural tanks for my 02 WR 426. No complaints. The folks at Clarke shipped it asap and installation was a snap. I tormented myself for a long time trying to decide between IMS, Clarke and the GYTR. Glad I went with what I did. ?

I think both are good products. My suggestion is to go with the natural color no matter which brand you choose. It sure makes checking the fuel level easier, it can be done by looking at the side of the tank... Blue tanks can be kind of hard to judge, you've got to pull the cap and try and guess where your level is at... ?

I have had both tanks. I like the IMS tank as far as riding with it. It seems to be a little thinner in the thigh area. I don't like the duel petcocks however. On the header side the fuel line is like 1/4 to a 1/2 inch from touching the header. A little scary. I put a steel braided line in that side. It also is kinda a pain to take the tank off because the fuel line funs under everything and you have to fish the fuel line in and out.

To be honest if I had to do it again I will buy the Clarke natural color. I first bought the Blue Clarke tank then switched to the Natural IMS.

Really like my Clarke tank but ran into one SNAFU....rear bottom right side of tank was rubbing against the shock reservoir and a hole at that location would make for a really angry day! Just glued a piece of industrial gasket material onto the tank damper and shimmed the tank off the reservoir. Pissed me off though....poor design flaw? ?

Really like my Clarke tank but ran into one SNAFU....rear bottom right side of tank was rubbing against the shock reservoir and a hole at that location would make for a really angry day! Just glued a piece of industrial gasket material onto the tank damper and shimmed the tank off the reservoir. Pissed me off though....poor design flaw? ?

I had the same problem. I was cleaning my bike and saw it. Cut up a old mountain bike tire and glued it. Other than that it fits great.

Kevin