HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slomo138

battery

10 posts in this topic

On the WR450

Has anyone changed to a different battery?

If so which one?

Mine does not seem to hold a charge very well.

Thanks

I haven't heard of any 450s holding a charge very well if you use it often. Unless you're crashing every 15 feet though, that shouldn't be a problem. My kickstarter has much better success than the e-start anyway.

I haven't had any issues with my battery not holding a charge. Never charged it at all. Not once. Not even from the factory. A lot of guys have had some battery issues but honestly, I haven't. My bro-in-law hasn't had an issue with his at all either. We both picked ours up in January of this year and we use the E-start all the time! :)

Yeah thats weird. I leave my ignition on alot accidentally. It sits for a while and it always starts great. I hope I dont run inot any problems. The more I ride this thing, the more I love it. The W is great!!! :):D :D

I've had battery issues ,i had to charge it 3or4 times.I had to buy a battery tender for it bacause the big charger did not work but the tender did.It seams to be holding a charge now it's been 2 weeks and still holding. :)

No problems with mine either :D I leave the switch on all the time and ity usually still starts with the e-start :D And on the rare occasion that is doesn't the kick starter fires the beast up and it is charged by the time i stop. :)

I leave the switch on mine all the time by accident. It still starts on the first crank everytime. The problem my be that -From what I have heard- the 450 has the same starter as the 250. As you know, the 450 has a lot more motor to turn over. Just thought. My 250 has never had a battery problem and I have left my ignition on overnight! I am too stupid sometimes! :D:):D

I left my on all last week and when i went to ride on sunday it was DEAD. So i kicked it all day and 3hr of riding and it was charged up.

No issues here. I have not needed a trickle charger or anything else. I have left the bike sitting for more than two weeks (bummer) and the battery held its charge just fine. A trickle charger is no doubt a good idea though - especially as we head into colder months.