METAL compression release lever, what are my options?

I fear of breaking my ancient 2001 yz426f compression release lever, I'm wondering what my options are for an after market metal one?

Your knowledge is appreciated in advance, :)

--Kory

i have one ill give ya....but my opinion get a hot cam and throw the thing in the TRASH!:)

i have one ill give ya....but my opinion get a hot cam and throw the thing in the TRASH!:)

I'm not even sure what a hot cam is, I've heard talk about them but not sure what one is or what it does.

How involved is the installation of a hot cam? :)

Regardless of the hot cam, could you take a photo of your metal compression lever and post it here?

I'd be glad to give you some money for it and pay for shipping costs if I see the item first on this thread. :)

use a crf250 04-09 clutch perch works fine and turns 2 perches into one:thumbsup:

I'm not even sure what a hot cam is, I've heard talk about them but not sure what one is or what it does.

How involved is the installation of a hot cam? :)

The cam installation is as simple as replacing the exhaust cam with one from Hot Cams or another manufacturer that incorporates the auto decompression mechanism used in the YZ450. It eliminates the need for the manual decompression lever entirely, along with "the drill" of finding compression, advancing the crank just so far, etc.
use a crf250 04-09 clutch perch works fine and turns 2 perches into one:thumbsup:

A HONDA PART ON MY YAMAHA?!

NEVER!

:):bonk::):bonk:;):bonk::)

The cam installation is as simple as replacing the exhaust cam with one from Hot Cams or another manufacturer that incorporates the auto decompression mechanism used in the YZ450. It eliminates the need for the manual decompression lever entirely, along with "the drill" of finding compression, advancing the crank just so far, etc.

I'm still a bit confused, is the part I'm looking for an entire camshaft? When I visit their official page all i see are replacement camshafts and shim kits. :)

Perhaps you can help me source the part for my 2001 YZ426F so I can skip the TDC process. :)

Here's the page I found:

http://www.hotcamsinc.com/ProductSearch.aspx?page=1

Thank you in advance! ;)

--Kory

Yes, and entire exhaust camshaft. Their Part #: 4035-1E

Thank you for your knowledge. So if I have this cam shaft installed I wont have to use the compression lever at all? Just kick the hell out of kick start while the choke is on? :)

The process starts the same way. You push the crank through to where you find the resistance of the compression stroke, but then you skip the business about moving the crank any certain distance farther. You rasie the crank to the top from there, and give it a full, smooth kick over the top.

You can just stab away at it as if it were a 250 two stroke, but it's somewhat more effective to kick from the beginning of compression.

Awesome! This is definitely something I'll invest in.

Any idea what labor would run me?

The part alone is $200....

A lot of guys would just do it themselves. It's no different than adjusting the valves. You'd need to call around if you're going to pay for it, I would think about an hour and a half's worth.