Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hender64

WR 450 vs. Converting YZ 450 to street legal?

6 posts in this topic

I know the yz technology wise seems to be the better bike with the new sss front forks, along with the fact that they went to Aluminum frames earlier in the game as well. other than those things is there a benefit from one over the other. both i would be converting to supermoto. and I would by no means be doing any large road trips with it mostly around town and maybe some track days. what'd you guys think?

I know the yz technology wise seems to be the better bike with the new sss front forks, along with the fact that they went to Aluminum frames earlier in the game as well. other than those things is there a benefit from one over the other. both i would be converting to supermoto. and I would by no means be doing any large road trips with it mostly around town and maybe some track days. what'd you guys think?

I am on the verge of pulling the trigger to convert over the winter as well. Much more expensive to convert a YZ than WR.....do the research then start the bargain hunting. I plan on punching my 06 out to 500cc with stroker/big bore kit, find some rims and tires for a good price and work from there.

Don't forget to check out the new WR in the spring...should be awesome. As far as street legal I have no clue on the laws but it would be easier for sure to add the stuff to it. And it has yz suspension!

i know the guy who owns the local yamaha shop pretty well, and in the 03 to 05 450 days, people spent thousands on their WRs to get them to run with the yz and he said they never did get them running as good as a stock yz450