HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bkridin

A little carb help please...

6 posts in this topic

Been getting my '06 WR450 ready for the Reno 200. I rejetted it and put a Needle Jet in since its been sitting for 4-6 months. Put it back together and it started right up and then it just started dumping fuel out the overflow hose. Took the float bowl off hooked up the fuel supply and held the float up, turned the gas on and fuel still comes whether the float is up or not. Can the needle and seat go to crap just like that or is something else going on.

Another question, there is a small bail connected to the needle valve. Does the tang on the float fit between the bail and plunger on the float valve?

Thanks for any help,

Bob

Your float valve is sticking in the carb brass cavity. It needs to be removed, cleaned and polished, as does the brass cavity. It's probably not the seal, it's probably just stuck.

I need to go by the dealer for another part, may just pick up a new needle valve as long as I am there.

Thanks,

I need to go by the dealer for another part, may just pick up a new needle valve as long as I am there.

Thanks,

Make sure you clean and polish the brass part the needle goes into.

needle valve plunger spring sounds like its worn. I have replaced 3 out of 6 this year on my bikes and solved float issues. I did make sure float level was correct first.

. Does the tang on the float fit between the bail and plunger on the float valve?

Thanks for any help,

Bob

yep thats exactly how the needle goes on the float!:)