HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tjb531

Gearing HELP!!!

4 posts in this topic

Got a sweet deal on a 2008 YZ450F. It came with 14/51 gearing and I can't keep it on the pipe. I just ordered 13/50 and a new chain. I was wondering how you guys have your bikes geared? Someone told me that 13/51 would be too low and I would be shifting all the time. The bike has a stock exhaust. Any opinions or insight is greatly appreciated!

I forgot to mention that I ride motocross. Sand and loam mostly. I'll hit a clay track every once in a while. Vet B rider coming off years of riding 250Fs.

I'd imagine that 13/48 13/49 will be somewhere near what you want but try the 13/50 since you have it

13/49 is what I used on my 08 the most especially in sand. I only used a 13/50 on really tight stuff (night supercross, arenacross etc.). 14/51 is an interesting combo, basically stock ratio (13/48)