HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitlover

Looking for a street/dirt machine

3 posts in this topic

Hello so at the moment I have a 2001 rm125. I am 16. 6'2" and little over 210 lbs. I am looking for a bike that I can ride onroad to school and back, and on day ride with my friends up in the hills.

I want a bike that is reliable and will not break down on me when I am out on the road or dirt.

The only bike really in my price range is the yz400/426 or wr. I have found a couple for sale locally and want your opinion on them.

http://modesto.craigslist.org/mcy/2577631875.html

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/2576096430.html

The first says it has a tapping. Can this really be fixed by a valve adjustment?

Also what are your guy's opinion on how good it will be for street riding?

obviously, a dual sport/supermoto will never be as good as a dedicated road bike. Those bikes don't seem too bad, but be aware,used bikes have an unknown history.

I know But I can not afford to ride/maintain two bike. I will be using the bike as weekend road/dirt rides. I probabaly will not ride it to school.

Im not looking for anyhting to compete with a street bike ebcause all my friends have enduro's or supermotos. I need something that will be sufficient to ride.

I really like the look of the first one.

Is the tapping really a big issues and can a simple valve adjustment fix it?