HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
richardnoggin

09 yz450f chain guide replacement

10 posts in this topic

Yesterday was hitting my desert loops when i hit a bf rock,the BFR broke my chain guide and put it in my spokes and bent the piss out of my sprocket(thank god i was only a couple miles from my jeep).I asked my dealer if they could get me a replacement(i need the parts that are welded on to the swingarm) and he said they only sell the swingarm not the welded parts.My questions to you peeps is does anyone know who sells just the weld able parts for the chain guide?

My buddy in Ogden did the same thing, ripped the welded tabs off the swingarm. He ended up going to a fab shop (Bad A$$ Choppers in Ogden). They fabbed some tabs, dry fit it with the chain/sprocket/guide in the right spot and then welded the new tabs on. That was 2 years ago, it is still working fine. It isn't perfect, but works. I would check with local fab shops, don't know what options there are in Price...

Noah

Usually used swingarms can be had for $50-75 on ebay not sure about an 09 though if it's the first year for that part.

Another option for a rear guide is TM DESIGNSWORKS.

I have using them for years. They look better then the brp stuff.

He needs the welded tabs that the guide mounts too

Kan, i know and that's what i was talking about, the complete guide, not just the wear block.

just took a look in the www and those complete guides where available from MOOSE, MSR , BBR, Two Brothers Racing. ..

http://motorcycle.motorcycle-superstore.com/motorcycle/Chain%20Guide

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/10/211/16892/DPITEM/Dirt-Bike-Motocross-Chain-Guides-MSR-Racing-Chain-Guide.aspx

Kan, i know and that's what i was talking about, the complete guide, not just the wear block.

He ripped the welded tabs off the swingarm that the chain guide mounts to.

Another option for a rear guide is TM DESIGNSWORKS.

I have using them for years. They look better then the brp stuff.

I did buy this product and when i get my tab welded on i will mount it,tore into the bike more and found the sprocket side hub was broke and the rim is slightly bent so i bought a new one from rocky mountain atv(thank god i have been saving my cash rewards so i paid about 27$ for a complete rim and hub).i actually found this part out on the trail the other day and it might be salvaged and thanks for the help!:)