Question about BK carb mod for 426f

When you are adjusting the timing of the spray it says it should just barely spray the slid. the slid is just the throttle valve that moves up and down when you twist the throttle. I have the screw tapped and in just need to adjusting and want to know EXACTLY what im doing

Thanks

Brandon

I could tell a difference, yes.

And yes the slide is what you're thinking it is.. it's pretty obvious when you twist the throttle blade and see where the fuel squirts.

Obviously make sure you have the squirter pointed away from you when you do this.. I almost got gas in my eye last time I did one, ?

I didn't feel like it did anything on the '01 bike. In fact although I had set it up to just miss the slide, it needed tuning at the track.

This bike is pretty sensitive to hot/humid weather though. I would highly recommend a couple extra pilot jets (one on either side of 42 - 40 and 45). I think I even found that the stock needle needed a clip as well depending on how hot it was.

Also, keep an extra spark plug. If that bike doesn't want to start, throw the new spark plug in and it will fire up first kick.