HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mxcowboy

which enclosed trailer to buy

4 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about buying a enclosed trailer and was wondering if anybody has one and is 5x8 to small...looking for anybodys 2 cents..thanks everybody that gives suggestions

I have a 5x8 open trailer and it's just enough for the bikes(3). If it was enclosed, it would be a huge pain to load.

I would think that 6x12 would be the smallest, I would consider. The bikes would go in easier and you could build a small work bench and some shelves in the front.

Unless you get an 8' wide. I would get a side door to better access the front of the bikes.

Bill

------------------

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards , Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

5x8 enclosed works just fine. Just remember to load your bikes in backwards. Get some good wheel chocks and mount them backwards. This way you can place the bikes in the chocks, step out of trailer and tighten them down. You'll have tons of room up front for gas, gear or whatever. You can easily handle 3 bikes with a 5x8 - 2 in backwards and 1 straight up the middle.

I have a enclosed trailer and I mounted ATK bike shoes. Really cool and they dont compress the suspension. So far the bikes have stayed put. Enclosed trailers are great, really worth it. Lower theft worries, and a place out of the rain in a pinch. Also great for moving!