HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fixitandy

hpsd on 07wr450 accomplished

4 posts in this topic

Hi there ,just letting you know that you can graft a honda hpsd steering damper on wr450 07 whilst retaining stock headlight in factory position. Firstly I purchased a ride engineering adaption bracket,cut the post off it (I know its sacralige its a beautiful billet part consider it collateral damage) I cut the post to 22mm long o/a. Then I drilled & taped a 7mm hole into bottom triple clamp (7mm from the top surface & centred). After that I measured 83mm from centre of hole in lower triple clamp to centre of post.I had to linish a little off the rear edge to get it sit flat but not much. I then positioned it & tig welded it on. After a thorough rebuild thanks to the excellent sticky I bolted it up with a 3mm spacer between lower eyelet of damper & triple clamp (I made it from some ally tube I had lying around). ground the head of the top bolt down to approx 3mm left on, locktited the top & bottom bolts in and it all looks and feels great. Next was to trim the headlight, took dust boot off & with a grinder trimmed the veritical plastic fins that were clashing with the damper refitted boot & cable tied it on for good measure,also had to delete speedo cable bracket adjacent to damper using a bolt & large flat washer to clamp it down slapped some grease on top mount to make it glide past the boot, bolted headlight back up and its job done. When I did the rebuild on the damper I used 20w oil & have it at 10 clicks out its amazing the adjustability you can acheive,I am really pumped at this mod Ive done & all for about $200 bucks & plus I think its an AUSSIE 1st if not world cheers Andy

whoa! its Mr negativity, do you think I had pics to follow the directions are concise use your noodle dude!