HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
primerib108

cooling issues with clark 2.7 gal tank?

5 posts in this topic

Just installed my new 2.7 gal Clarkes tank (love it!) but noticed it might restrict flow of air out the rear of the rads and covers the cylinder head on both sides....anyone with an aftermarket tank chime in.

The coverage of the head is a non-issue since it's a water cooled engine. My son ran the Clarke for a long time without heating problems, and I run an IMS 3.3 in longer races. Neither has been problematic, although we don't do as much really tight slow stuff as some do. Under those conditions, air flow obstructions are not really the issue, anyway.

I had the same concern a few years ago when I installed the IMS tank on my YZ, especially since I often ride in some pretty tight woods. Turns out there was no problem.

Went for a rip yesterday in 30 degree (celcius) heat.....no issues at all. Thanks for the input as it put my mind to ease and just let me ride!

I run a Clarke tank. The only issue I had when I first fitted it was heat transfer from the engine into the petrol.

For peace of mind I fitted some heat shield to the lower inside surfaces of the tank.

I ride in desert conditions all year round, never had any heat related issues with my tank.